Transforming Education on a Global Scale
In 2020 a dedicated team began developing a vision to expand the reach of the Brewster Model on a global scale, laying the foundations for Brewster Academy International.
The mission of Brewster Academy International (BAI) is to build a network of global campuses in which Brewster’s unique and powerful approach to education, The Brewster Model, is taught. Once this network is established, Brewster students will have the opportunity to have a truly portable global education.
This ambitious initiative is stewarded under the leadership of former Head of School Craig Gemmell, who now serves as the President of Brewster and BA International, and is incredibly well suited to ensure that Brewster’s student centered approach is at the heart of each network school.
September of 2023 represents a significant step forward with the opening of our first BAI network school located in Madrid, Spain. Ariane Baer-Harper, a passionate advocate for global education with an extensive resume in developing international schools, will lead as the institution’s first Head of School.
As this vision is realized, BAI network schools will:
- Expand the visibility, influence, and impact of the Brewster Model and Mission
- Improve access to and increase the number of students served by the Brewster Model and Mission
- Deliver an approach to learning that impacts students, communities, and education on a global scale
- Establish a growing network of schools that mutually benefit from cross site sharing of best practice, innovations, and opportunities
- Distinguish Brewster Academy as an institution providing its students and faculty with groundbreaking global experiences that enhance and expand existing global programs
President of Brewster Academy and BA International