Fall Trimester Immersion
This ten-week trimester program beginning in September 2019 is based at Brewster’s European campus in Santiago de Compostela, Spain, the capital of the Galicia region and part of the well-known Camino de Santiago pilgrimage route with a population of 96,000 people.
Seminars and classrooms are located in the Monastery of San Martin Pinario, a 12th-century Benedictine monastery that is the second largest in Spain. In addition to the students’ regular curriculum, they will enjoy courses on Western European history, exploration, and religion that take advantage of their location. Students will follow their Brewster curriculum and have the benefit of working with local educators who have been trained at Brewster. They will participate in on-site and travel experiences that reflect their curriculum focus, including group excursions to Krakow, Poland; Prague, Czech Republic; and Vienna, Austria.
Living in pairs with an established network of host families, the students experience a full cultural immersion that will enrich their minds and lives.
- Where does the Fall Trimester Immersion trip go?
- Who is eligible to go?
- Who runs the immersion trips? Who will be there with my child?
- Are there interpreters? Does my child need to speak Spanish to travel?
- What is the cost?
- Is there financial aid to help cover the cost of these trips?
- How much money will my child need for “extras” or incidentals not covered by the main fee?
- Where will my child live?
- How can I find out about my child's host family?
- How will my child’s medications be monitored?
- What if my child has dietary restrictions?
- How will my child keep up with their regular curriculum?
- Will my child be able to play sports?
- How can I feel confident about my child's safety?
- If there is a medical emergency, who will take care of my child?
- How often will I be kept informed of my child's schedule and activities by someone other than him/her?
- What about my child’s cell phone? Will it work there? Can I email them?
- What is the evening schedule and are there any rules guiding free time?
We are so pleased that you are interested in the amazing opportunity your child has to enroll in the Fall 2019 Trimester Immersion trip that Brewster is offering to Santiago de Compostela, Spain. You likely have a lot of questions, and we hope we’ve answered them all here. If you’d like to talk to a member of the Global Initiatives Office team and have your questions answered directly, please call 603-569-7400 or email us at email@example.com.