Brewster Academy believes in maintaining an atmosphere where a sense of pride and developing self-discipline and personal strengths are reflected in the dress code. The academic dress code celebrates a respect for learning and is an important expression of our mission.
- Dress pants, khakis, and capris;
- Dresses (not strapless), skirts, shorts;
- Dress shirts, collared shirts (button down or polo), and turtlenecks;
- Leggings/tights only to be worn with dress or skirt;
- All clothing should be free of writing and should not promote inappropriate behavior.
- No hats or sunglasses;
- No headphones (unless directed by teacher);
- No blue jeans, sweatpants or pajamas;
- No tee-shirts;
- Winter jackets and hooded sweatshirts should be removed in classrooms;
- All clothing should be free of rips, tears and holes;
- Students are expected to be neatly shaven;
- No excessively exposed skin.
Required for award assemblies and a few other occasions throughout the year:
Option 1: Dress shirt and dress pants with blazer;
Option 2: Dress or skirt with blouse or sweater;
Option 3: Formal attire representing a student’s international and/or cultural identity.
Spirit Dress (clothing that prominently displays Brewster's name or logos)
May be worn every Wednesday and Saturday:
- Pants/shorts/skirts in good condition (no sweatpants);
- Brewster Academy top (no tank tops).