Brewster will issue I-20 paperwork for International students to study in the USA once they are enrolled with a submitted contract and deposit. The I-20 is required to obtain a visa in certain countries for non-US citizens and is needed to travel back and forth from the USA during the school year. SEVIS, the issuing authority, requires that Brewster collect documentation that supports the legal parameters for studying in the United States on an F-1 visa.
Brewster requires the following documentation (downloaded forms submitted with original signatures) in order to issue or transfer an I-20:
1. Copy of student passport
2. Electronic access to I-94 Permission Form – permission allowing Brewster to access electronic I-94 travel history to ensure student is maintaining F-1 status while at Brewster. Download Form
3. Financial Support Statement - statement that the financially responsible party has the financial means to support the student’s education and living expenses at Brewster Academy, and provide supporting documentation as listed in Item 4.
4. Financial documentation supporting the Financial Support Statement in Item 3 to include one of the following:
- Bank account statement(s) for the financially responsible party that indicate three months of income (In English)
- Letter of employment verification from employer (in English)
- Documentation from a sponsor (in English)
- Financial aid letters (in English)
- Scholarship letters (in English)
For more information about proof of financial support, please visit this link
Once we receive the required documentation as listed above, Brewster will issue the I-20 form, Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status. The I-20 will then be sent via Federal Express directly to the incoming student at their home address. SEVIS regulations prohibit us from sharing or delivering any information contained on the I-20 form to a third party, or sending through email.
5. F-1 Transfer from another US school - If your son or daughter is currently at another school in the US, their I-20 will be transferred to Brewster upon completion of the academic year at their current school. In order to perform this transfer, please complete Section I of the Transfer Release Form and submit to your child’s current US school for completion of Section II. Your child’s current school will then mail the completed transfer form to Brewster.
Send all original signed documents by mail to:
Attn: Susan Crowley, PDSO
Please contact SEVIS Primary Designated School Official (PDSO) Susan Crowley with any questions at email@example.com or 603-569-7102
Other SEVIS Designated Officials (DSO):
Chris Brown, DSO - Summer Programs - 603-569-7155