Everyone has a creative streak. Maybe yours is hitting those high notes, writing a compelling story, composing music, shaping pottery, or drawing caricatures. At Brewster, you’ll fully tap into your creative potential with our exciting programs in music, theatre, dance, and the visual arts.
You’ll have many opportunities to explore your passions, learn something new, develop diverse talents, have fun, and contribute to an artistic community. Because we believe that the arts are an important part of learning, we require all students to take courses in the arts.
In addition to classroom study, you’ll participate in arts-related activities in studios and ensembles on campus. You’ll also get to travel beyond campus to perform in concerts, recitals, plays, and musicals, and exhibit your work at art shows.
For example, depending on your level of interest, you might:
- Sing with HOWL, an eclectic music chorus that spotlights popular music from distant corners of the world
- Perform with the chamber orchestra, jazz and rock bands, or the brass ensemble/string quartet
- Write for the campus newspaper, The Brewster Browser, the award-winning Outcroppings literary journal, or help produce the yearbook
- Play the guitar—or any instrument for that matter—during a spontaneous jam session and spotlight your musical talent through a coffeehouse performance
- Film your own movie or record your own songs using equipment and tools from one the largest digital libraries of any school in New England
- Participate in drama workshops and plays, such as an all-time favorite, “Little Shop of Horrors” or a Shakespearean production
- Design publications using the latest software publishing programs that rival and surpass that of many college programs
And that’s just the beginning of the many ways you’ll gain a creative edge at Brewster.